Can you name them all?
Reunion info 2016
Sorry this update has been so long in coming. You should really hire someone else. It turns out that there are very few people (at least among those who responded) who plan on sticking around past church on Sunday. So we’ve changed the schedule and meal plans to reflect that. In a nutshell, the changes are:
- Friday add a potluck for supper (bring main dish and sides)
- Friday add a Homerun Derby
- Saturday all of the evening things were moved back 30 minutes
- Saturday to help celebrate Becky & Glenn’s 40th wedding anniversary, everyone should wear blue pastel and pink pastel after the ball game (or anytime, really)
- Sunday times for things were switched back to our normal Sunday times
- Sunday breakfast was therefore added back to the mix
- Sunday afternoon was removed
- Monday was removed
Sorry for not getting this information out to you sooner.
This is the “Official” list of what you need to bring for lunch. We will continue to use this list going forward. If you don’t like what you are assigned to bring….find someone to switch with you, or make your kids bring it! This list is based on the first cousins. If you are not a first cousin, but would like to bring something, go ahead, but make it something good, like jello shots.
Here they are, in no particular order (seriously, there is no rhyme or reason here!)
- Jerry Edwards: 4 cans black olives & 2 boxes of juice drinks
- Christina Rowland: 4 boxes of juice drinks & 2 bags of chips
- Bill Putnams Family: 2 head cauliflower cut up & 2 bags of chips
- Pete Sommerer: 3 lbs cheese, 1 case soda & 1 loaf of bread
- Aaron Sommerer: 3 loaves of bread
- Andrew Sommerer: 2 cases soda
- Samantha Edwards: 2 bags shredded lettuce & grapes
- Kenny Williams Family: 2 bags shredded lettuce & apples (cut up would be nice)
- Jim Sommerer: Banana peppers & 3 lbs cheese (no stinky cheese!)
- Pam Folkemers Family: 1 loaf of bread
- Micky Dittmers Family: 1 loaf of bread
- Steve Sommerer: large jar sliced pickles, large jar jalapenos & 1 case bottled water
- Ted Kuegeles Family: 3 bunches broccoli, cut up & 2 loaves of bread
- Danny Sommerer: tomatoes, sliced & 2 packages of cookies
- Lloyd Sommerer, Jr: 2 bottles of ranch dressing & 2 bags of chips
- Julie Baker: 4 sacks of baby carrots & 2 loaves of bread
- Doug Sommerer: Tomatoes sliced & 3 loaves of bread
- Mary Jane Piazza: 2 watermelon – cut up & 1 package of cookies
- Kathy Jane Meisinger: grapes & 2 packages of cookies
- Linda Lock: 3 lbs of cheese & 1 package cookies
- Johnny Williams Family: apples & bananas
- David Sommerer: 3 large onions – sliced & 4 bags of chips
- Sam Sommerer: oranges & apples & bananas
- David Schlichtmanns Family: 1 loaf bread, 2 packages of cookies & 2 bags of chips
- Tracy Allen: 1 loaf bread, 3 lbs cheese
- Tiffany Petro: 2 loaves bread & oranges
- Greg Vetter: 2 packages of cookies & bananas
- Derreck Vetter: way too much broccoli (cut up)
- Darren Vetter: 2 lb cheese & grapes
Becky & Debbie will continue to bring ketchup, mustards, mayo, miracle whip, baggies, cooking spray, crock pot liners (please help yourself when you are preparing your dish) dish soap, hand soap and laundry soap for all to use. ESPECIALLY FEEL FREE TO USE DISH WASHING SOAP!!!
Please continue to call Debbie if you are not able to attend and we will bring your items from list. 816-645-5961
First order of business: We need a little more information about your plans for the 4th of July weekend before we can setup meals and schedules and such. So before you read any further, click this link and fill out this short survey.
Christina has been hard at work getting the information together for the 2016 reunion. We will continue to work so that the oldest members of the family can have rooms in the Spitz Center if they want them.
Older members of the family, you can have whoever you want stay with you in your room. Naturally, that means that The Twelve get first pick of the rooms (with the exception that Cousin Johnny is actually older than my dad). And after that, cousins from oldest to youngest. Because there’s a chance that not everyone who wants a room in the Spitz Center will get one, We would like to know who would like a room in the Spitz Center by May 6 (you have a week to decide). Then we will sort the requests by age and if anyone who wanted a room in the Spitz Center didn’t get one, they can specify a different lodging option when everyone else does on May 6.
As far as other lodging goes, we will make every attempt to get you into the lodging you had last year (if you want). In fact, if you get your reservation in by May 13, we will make sure of it (unless it is a room in the Spitz Center taken by an old codger). The only exception to that might be when you have just a couple of people and request lodging that will sleep 18. Space is getting just a little too tight for us to always be able to do that.
Other things to note:
- On the reservation page, we’re once again asking for information from people who are coming to the reunion, but not staying at Heit’s Point, so that we can get a more accurate head count for meals. You can make reservations starting April 30 for the Spitz Center and May 6 for everywhere else.
- The meal page has been expanded with additional information.
- The old general information page and the frequently asked questions page have been combined into a new and improved General Information page.
- Also worth noting is that we are a little up in the air about meals and the schedule. Once you complete the survey, we will know what to do. You can read about the times for other activities on the Schedule page.
- You can get to the Family Reunion Information from the pictures on the right or from the “Get Togethers” menu above.
As always, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions you can use the comment area at the bottom of any of these pages to make your feelings known. If you’re interested, you might want to take a look at the planning post for the 2016 reunion.
Below is the information about lodging for the 2016 Sommerer Family Reunion. If you are looking for the rest of the information on the reunion, You can click here.
NOTE 1: In order to get an accurate count for meal planning, we are asking for reservations even if you do not need lodging. use the same form at the bottom of the page, just ignore the lodging parts.
NOTE 2: You may request a room in the Spitz Center from April 29 to May 6. Oldest family members will have first dibs on rooms in the Spitz Center, but they (or their designated representatives) have to send in a reservation. You can start making all other reservations on May 6, including reservations for the Spitz center for any rooms that are left after the older family members have theirs. All reservations should be in by May 26th.
NOTE 3: Some people worry about getting the same lodging as the year before. If you submit your lodging request anytime before May 13 for the same lodging as last year, your request will be given preference (unless it is for a room in the Spitz Center and all of the rooms are taken by people older than you).
Here are your lodging options:
Campsites: (Still Available)
9 campsites available with full electric hookup; even numbers are inside the loop, odd on the outside. Cost is $22.00 per camper/RV per night and that includes 1 free tent. Additional tents are $11.00 each.
- Site 1: Danny Sommerer
- Site 2: Debbie Hauser
- Site 3: Brenna & Shawn Batty
- Site 4: Johnny & Lin Williams
- Site 5: Katie & Anthony
- Site 6: (still available)
- Site 7: (still available)
- Site 8: (still available)
- Site 10: (still available)
Spitz Center ***Available on Thursday after 3:00 pm***
13 fully furnished rooms, all with private baths. Cost is $70.00 per night for 1 or 2 guests with a $16.00 additional charge for each guest after the first 2. Rooms in the Spitz Center will be reserved for the oldest family members who are coming to the reunion first. We would like to know who would like a room in the Spitz Center by May 6. Then we will sort the requests by age and if anyone who wanted a room in the Spitz Center didn’t get one, they can specify a different lodging option when everyone else does after May 6.
Spitz Center rooms on the main level:
- Room 300 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Saturday David Schlictman
- Room 300 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Friday Jane Putnam
- Room 302 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Mahlon & Marylyn Sommerer
- Room 304 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Lloyd Sommerer
- Room 306 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Naomi Vetter
- Room 308 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total – HANDICAPPED Room) Margie Beck
- Room 310 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total HANDICAPPED Room) Friday Night – Merideth & Scott Nitzel
- Room 310 Saturday Night – Bea Putnam
- Room 312 queen bed & queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Lolly Sommerer
- Day Spring room has 2 queen sleeper sofa (sleeps 4 total) Scott & Som Baker
- Living Waters room queen bed & 2 bunks (sleeps 6 total) Linda Lock
Spitz Center rooms on the lower level:
- Room 200 queen bed & 2 bunkbeds (sleeps 6 total) David & Joni Sommerer
- Room 202 queen bed & 2 bunkbeds (sleeps 6 total) Kathy & Loren Meisinger
- Room 204 queen bed, queen sofa bed & 1 bunkbed (sleeps 6 total) Vernon Sommerer
- Room 206 queen bed, queen sofa bed & 1 bunkbed (sleeps 6) Paul & Christina Rowland
Gospel Hostel (each unit sleeps 12)
Each of the 4 bunkrooms contain six bunk beds and private bathrooms. Each room sleeps 12 and is air conditioned. There is a common room that connects these. Must provide own bedding and towels. First night cost: $64.00 (for up to 4 guests) additional guests, after the first 4, will cost $16.00 each. Cost after the first night: $44.00 (for up to 4 guests) additional guests, after the first 4, will cost $11.00 each.
- Matthew -front left Anne & James Miller
- Mark -front right Tracy & Curtis Allen
- Luke -back left Pete & Judy Sommerer
- John -back right Pete & Judy Sommerer
Blunk House (each room sleeps 14-16) ***Available on Thursday after 3:00 pm***
Each of the 4 bunkrooms contain seven to eight bunk beds. All rooms share dormitory style bathrooms. Each room sleeps 14-16 people, is air conditioned, with common room in front. Must provide own bedding and towels. First night cost: $64.00 (for up to 4 guests) additional guests, after the first 4, will cost $16.00 each. Cost after the first night: $44.00 (for up to 4 guests) additional guests, after the first 4, will cost $11.00 each.
- A Shawn Baker
- B (still available)
- C (still available)
- D (still available)
The Lodge ***Available on Thursday after 3:00 pm***
Ideal for large extended family to stay in one location. 6 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, 1 queen sofa-sleeper. Full kitchen & air condition. Sleeps 12 with room for travel baby beds. Cost is $75.00 per night for 1-2 guests. Additional guests will cost $16.00 each.
- The Lodge Becky & Glenn Cary & a bunch of Uncle Mahlon’s family!!!
We are listing people/groups here who are coming for one or more days, but who will not require lodging at Heit’s Point. This is to ensure that we have an accurate count for purchasing food. If you know someone who is coming, but not spending the night, tell them about this, because it is newish.
- .Julie Baker
- .Sarah Jones
- .Bill Putnam
- .Mary & Jerry Edwards
Making Reservations (April 29)
When you call, email, write (or post below) to Christina with your reservation information, she will ask you the following questions. If you are not prepared to answer them, she will make fun of you…
- When will you arrive?
- Thursday, 7/2
- Friday, 7/3
- Saturday, 7/4
- How many nights you are staying
- If you are staying at Heit’s Point, where do you want to stay (your choices are listed above)?
- If camping, how many tents will be on your site?
- How many people will be staying with you each night?
- Thursday (15 and over) _____ (14 and under) ______
- Friday (15 and over) _____ (14 and under) ______
- Saturday (15 and over) _____ (14 and under) ______
- How many people (all ages) will be eating each of the following meals (we need to know how much food to buy)
- Saturday breakfast _____
- Saturday lunch _____
- Saturday supper _____
- Sunday lunch _____
- Sunday supper _____