Anyone want to start naming them?
Reunion info 2015
I would like to wrap up the lodging requests and get all of the information to Heits Point on Monday, June 1st.
If you haven’t made a reservation and would like one, please contact me by Sunday, May 31st. If you look at the reservation page and don’t see a family listed who you think should be, call them and have them contact me. If you would like to see Julie Baker, call her and tell her she is not allowed to skip the family reunion. She can park Greer next to Uncle Ralph and they can nap together. (Or Pete, I think I have a picture of him sleeping in a chair too!)
Also, please remind anyone who is not staying at Heit’s Point but eating with us Saturday night, to contact me with their head count.
Thanks! See you in about a month,
Kathy Meisinger writes:
I’m having a (belated) cake and ice cream reception for the family, to celebrate Aunt Marjorie’s 90th birthday. It would be immediately following the Sibling’s luncheon on Saturday, July 4th in the Spitz Center dining room, at about 1:45. The sibling’s would already be there, then we could all sing “Happy Birthday” to her. I’d like to have an idea how much cake and ice cream to order.
Also if anyone wanted to bring their birthday cards or remembrance notes for her then (to be added to the ones she already has), that would be the time to do it. It takes a long time to get to be 90 if you’re so blessed. I wanted her to have some special time with family. She lives too far away for people to come up to see her, and her birthday is in March, with its unpredictable weather for travel.
My head count for the Siblings/elders luncheon and the birthday reception are separate from the things going on at the dock or pavilion. Those wanting to attend will want to post on the family web site, specifically for attending the birthday reception. If you are a sibling/elder, you are already included.
This is the “Official” list of what you need to bring for lunch. We will continue to use this list going forward. If you don’t like what you are assigned to bring….find someone to switch with you, or make your kids bring it! This list is based on the first cousins. If you are not a first cousin, but would like to bring something, go ahead, but make it something good, like jello shots.
Here they are, in no particular order (seriously, there is no rhyme or reason here!)
- Jerry Edwards: 4 cans black olives & 2 boxes of juice drinks
- Christina Rowland: 4 boxes of juice drinks & 2 bags of chips
- Bill Putnam: 2 head cauliflower cut up & 2 bags of chips
- Pete Sommerer: 3 lbs cheese, 1 case soda & 1 loaf of bread
- Aaron Sommerer: 1 case bottled water & 2 bags chips
- Andrew Sommerer: 2 cases soda
- Samantha Edwards: 2 bags shredded lettuce & grapes
- Kenny Williams: 2 bags shredded lettuce & apples (cut up would be nice)
- Jim Sommerer: Banana peppers & 3 lbs cheese (no stinky cheese!)
- Pam Folkemer: 2 cases bottled water & 1 loaf of bread
- Micky Dittmer: 2 cases bottled water & 1 loaf of bread
- Steve Sommerer: large jar sliced pickles, large jar jalapenos & 1 case bottled water
- Ted Kuegele: 3 bunches broccoli, cut up & 2 loaves of bread
- Danny Sommerer: tomatoes, sliced & 2 packages of cookies
- Lloyd Sommerer, Jr: 2 bottles of ranch dressing & 2 bags of chips
- Julie Baker: 4 sacks of baby carrots & 2 loaves of bread
- Doug Sommerer: Tomatoes sliced & 3 loaves of bread
- Mary Jane Piazza: 2 watermelon – cut up & 1 package of cookies
- Kathy Jane Meisinger: grapes & 2 packages of cookies
- Linda Lock: 3 lbs of cheese & 1 package cookies
- Johnny Williams: apples & bananas
- David Sommerer: 3 large onions – sliced & 4 bags of chips
- Sam Sommerer: oranges & apples & bananas
- Carolyn Schlichtmann: 1 loaf bread, 2 packages of cookies & 2 bags of chips
- Tracy Allen: 1 loaf bread, 3 lbs cheese
- Tiffany Petro: 2 loaves bread & oranges
- Greg Vetter: 2 packages of cookies & bananas
- Derreck Vetter: 2 cases of bottled water
- Darren Vetter: 2 lb cheese & grapes
Becky & Debbie will continue to bring ketchup, mustards, mayo, miracle whip, baggies, cooking spray, crock pot liners (please help yourself when you are preparing your dish) dish soap, hand soap and laundry soap for all to use. ESPECIALLY FEEL FREE TO USE DISH WASHING SOAP!!!
Please continue to call Debbie if you are not able to attend and we will bring your items from list. 816-645-5961
Christina has been hard at work getting the information together for the 2015 reunion. And we have one big change to announce. Each year it seems like there are more people who would like a room in the Spitz Center than there are rooms in the Spitz Center. We spent a lot of time trying to think of a fair way to divide the rooms, and then we decided that we really didn’t want to be fair. We really want to make sure that the oldest members of the family were the ones who could get rooms in the Spitz Center if they wanted them.
Older members of the family, you can have whoever you want stay with you in your room. Naturally, that means that The Twelve get first pick of the rooms (with the exception that Cousin Johnny is actually older than my dad). And after that, cousins from oldest to youngest. Because there’s a chance that not everyone who wants a room in the Spitz Center will get one, We would like to know who would like a room in the Spitz Center by April 30 (you have a week to decide). Then we will sort the requests by age and if anyone who wanted a room in the Spitz Center didn’t get one, they can specify a different lodging option when everyone else does on May 1st.
As far as other lodging goes, we will make every attempt to get you into the lodging you had last year (if you want). The only exception to that might be when you have just a couple of people and request lodging that will sleep 18. Space is getting just a little too tight for us to always be able to do that.
Other things to note:
- On the reservation page, we’re once again asking for information from people who are coming to the reunion, but not staying at Heit’s Point, so that we can get a more accurate head count for meals. You can make reservations starting May 1st.
- The meal page has been expanded with additional information.
- The old general information page and the frequently asked questions page have been combined into a new and improved General Information page.
- Also worth noting is that we will keep the church service at 11:00am. We will clean the pavilion after breakfast and check-out in the Spitz Center before church. You can read about the times for other activities on the Schedule page.
- You can always get to the Family Reunion Information from the pictures on the right or from the “Get Togethers” menu above.
As always, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions you can use the comment area at the bottom of any of these pages to make your feelings known. If you’re interested, you might want to take a look at the planning post for the 2015 reunion.
Thursday, July 2nd (pre-reunion festivities)
- 3:00 pm – Check in begins with the exception of the Blunk House
- 6:00 pm – Supper on your own (Don’t go to Charlies)
- 8:00 pm – (or whenever) Singing, cards and general merriment @ Pavilion
- 12:00 am (or whenever) – Pavilion cleanup
Friday, July 3rd
- 8:00 am – Breakfast is on your own (Becky and Debbie might feed you).
- 12:00 am – Lunch, as far as we know, is on your own (Becky and Debbie have lunch meat).
- 3:00 pm – Check in begins
- 6:00 pm – Potluck, bring a main dish and a side (desert too if you want).
- 7:00 pm – Volleyball & Home Run Derby
- 8:30ish pm – Singing, cards and general merriment @ Pavilion
- 2:00 am (or whenever) – Pavilion cleanup
Saturday, July 4th
- 7:00 am – Breakfast Prep
- 8:30 am – Breakfast
- 9:15 am – Breakfast clean up
- 9:30 am – Let the swimming begin!
- 12:50 am – Trailer ride from the dock to the Pavilion
- 1:00 pm – Lunch at the Pavilion
- 1:00 pm – Mandatory psych. evaluation & drug testing at the Spitz Center (reservation required)
- 1:45 pm – 90th birthday party for Aunt Margie in the Spitz Center
- 2:00 pm – more swimming
- 4:30 – Musical Chairs @ Pavilion
- 5:30 pm – Dinner @ Pavilion
- 6:15 pm – Dinner clean up
- 6:30 pm – Family Picture (Brothers & Sisters are positioned and pictures taken)
- 6:45 pm – Family Picture (Cousins are in place)
- 7:00 pm – Sommerer Annual Softball Game
- After softball game (at the pavilion)
- 1st Cousins Apples to Apples game (see Mary Jane for details)
- Misc. Merriment
- 12:00 am (or whenever) – Pavilion cleanup
PLEASE REMOVE ALL OF YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS FROM THE PAVILION BEFORE YOU GO BACK TO YOUR CABIN/ROOM TONIGHT!!!
Sunday, July 5th
- 7:00 am – Breakfast Prep
- 8:00 am – Breakfast
- 9:00 am – PAVILION CLEAN UP – EVERYONE!!!
- 10:30 am – Pay your bill before church, at the front desk!
- 11:00 am – Church service @ the Spitz Center
- 12:00 pm – Give Lloyd a hug (Sr. or Jr.). See you next year!