Below is the information about meals for the 2021 Sommerer Family Reunion. If you are looking for the rest of the information on the reunion, there is a start page and pages for general information, reservations, schedules, and meals.
NOTE 1: Help us figure out how much food to buy:
We ran out of meat six years ago because we had many people show up to the Saturday night meal who did not tell anyone they would be there. It was really traumatic for us, and to keep that from happening again, we are asking for the number of people coming with you when you give Christina your reservation information, even if they are not staying the night. This should include any friends you or your children are bringing.
NOTE 2: What if my numbers change?
If you need to change your numbers at a later date, be sure you let Christina know before June 1st so the wonderful people who actually purchase the food for breakfast and the meat for supper are able to get enough for everyone. If you need to make changes after June 1st, you will need to contact each of these people: Jim or Sheri Sommerer, Courtney Knipp and Whitni Upton.
NOTE 3: What to bring for lunch on Saturday?
There is a sign-up sheet at the bottom of this page for what to bring for lunch on Saturday. If you are a son or daughter of Adolph & Teressa Sommerer or a spouse of same, you are not supposed to sign up for anything on the list.
Breakfast (at The Pavilion)
Second cousins are in charge of breakfasts, with Whitni Upton and Courtney Knipp typically getting things organized, contact them to find out how you can help.
- Friday, July 2 on your own
- Saturday, July 3 at 8:00 (prep at 6:30) <—this time is different
- Sunday, July 4 at 8:00 (prep at 6:30)
Lunch (at The Pavilion)
Lunch is meant to be a quick break between swimming, visiting, and everything else. It is sandwiches, chips, and fruit, and you can sign up for what you will bring at the bottom of this page.
- Friday, July 2 on your own
- Saturday, July 3 at 11:00 am (bring your food by 10:50)
- Sunday, July 4 on your own
Supper (at The Pavilion)
The second best part of the reunion is the potlucks. Remember to bring enough sides/desserts for everyone in your family who will be there for the potlucks. Plan on having your food out on the tables about 10 minutes before the meal is scheduled to begin.
- Friday, July 2 at 6:30pm potluck: bring main dish and sides NOTE: Charlie’s Restaurant will be closed Friday and Saturday, so if you normally go there on Friday, you’ll need to make other plans.
- Saturday, July 3 at 5:00pm potluck: meat provided, bring sides/desserts
- Sunday, July 4 on your own
Historical Note on Saturday Meals:
- 2017 (breakfast 8:00, lunch 12:00, dinner 6:00) People said that all we did was prepare to eat and eat. They wanted to try 2 group meals, and to eat the evening meal earlier to have more time for softball.
- 2018 (breakfast 9:30, dinner 4:00) We didn’t actually eat until 6:00 because of meat problems. The people next wanted to try lunch & dinner as our 2 group means instead of breakfast & dinner.
- 2019 (lunch 11:00, dinner 5:00) People said that people took too long to come to the Pavilion because there wasn’t breakfast, and they decided to go back to three meals, but we’re still going to try to have the last one earlier.
Sign-up Sheet for Lunch on Saturday:
In the past Debbie & Becky assigned us stuff to bring for lunch on Saturday. Then we didn’t have lunch on Saturday as a group, now we’re doing a sign-up sheet. Pick out one or more items to bring for lunch on Saturday. If you’re bringing more people, or feel particularly generous, sign up for more items. You can claim an item by making a comment below or by sending Lloyd an email at Lloyd@LloydAndLauren.com. Questions about how much or what kind? Use your judgement. It’s a picnic lunch type of thing. If you know that the quantity listed here is too much or not enough, because you brought it last year, let Lloyd know.
NOTE: Becky and Debbie wanted me to reiterate that we do not want Aunt Margie, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Mary Lynn, Aunt Cleo, Aunt Naomi, Uncle Louie, Aunt Lolly, Uncle Lloyd or Aunt Jane to bring anything on the list. They have done enough.
The MeatDebbie & Becky CondimentsDebbie & Becky Plates, Napkins and suchDebbie & Becky Sliced Cheese (4 packages)Lloyd & Lauren Sliced Cheese (4 packages)Lauren & Lloyd Snack Cheese (I don’t know)Mary Jane Grapes (about 4lbs)Tracy Vetter Grapes (about 4lbs)Scott Sommerer Watermelon (better bring a knife to cut it with too)Derek & Maxine Sommerer Watermelon (better bring a knife to cut it with too)Derek & Maxine Sommerer Cookies (2 packages or batches)Danny & Denise Cookies (2 packages or batches)Linda Lock Chips – potato (3 bags)Tiffany Vetter Chips – potato or otherwise (3 bags)Steve & Melanie Chips – anything but potato (3 bags)Linda Lock Juice boxes (a flat?)Doug and Melissa Juice boxes (a flat?)Whitney & Josh Soda (a cooler?)Aaron & Maria Sommerer Bread (4 loafs)Doug and Melissa Bread (4 loafs)Mary Jane Bread (4 loafs)Paul & Christina Lettuce (2 heads)Paul & Christina Lettuce (2 heads)Paul & Christina Onions (1 bag? sliced)Paul & Christina Tomatoes (a dozen? Sliced)Danny & Denise Black Olives (4 cans sliced or 8 cans of sliced)Aaron Sommerer Green Olives (2 large jars)Peter Sommerer Pickle slices, (2 jars – different kinds?)Peter Sommerer Pickles (2 jars dill & 2 jars sweet)Julie Baker Carrots (3 bags ready to eat)Sam & Rachel Carrots (3 bags ready to eat)Sam & Rachel Cauliflower (2 heads, cut up)Peter Sommerer Oranges (2 bags)Scott Sommerer Apples (2 bags)Derek & Maxine Sommerer Cantaloupe and/or Honeydew melons cut Scott Sommerer Jalapeños (1 jar)Greg and Irene Ranch Dressing (1 bottle)Greg and Irene Tuna Salad (some)Greg and Irene
- Anything else for sandwiches (let Lloyd know)
- Anything else for snacks (let Lloyd know)
- Anything else you want to make –tuna salad, potato salad, salad salad (let Lloyd know)
Feel free to post any question or comments below. If you are looking for the rest of the information on the reunion, there is a start page and pages for general information, reservations, schedules, and meals.