Below is a summary of the things we decided after church:
- The reunion will be the weekend before the 4th next year.
- We will rent the dining hall and kitchen for our meals next year. The cooks liked this a lot. We are denominating this an experiment, and might switch to the new pavilion in the future.
- We will not be using the gym next year unless it is raining or really, incredibly hot. Instead we will continue to use the pavilion for singing, card playing, cigars, etc (with the exception of dancing).
- We have donated money toward better lighting around the gym and gym steps and toward the additions to the pavilion.
- We will continue to have a potluck on Friday evening.
- Meals on Saturday will be different next year. We will have a later breakfast at 10:00am and an earlier supper around 4:00pm. Lunch will be on your own on Saturday. This too is experimental. We are doing this to cut down on meal preparation time and to free up more time in the evening for the ball game.
- Speaking of ball games, we need to do a better job of stationing an older person with every child in the field.
- We want to make sure people are using their Thrivent Action Plans, either at Heits Point or elsewhere. Sam will be posting formation on the easiest way to do so.
What else Lise would you like to discuss about next year’s reunion?